Bonus: Paying separately from regular paychecks (bonus run)
bonus; bonus checks; bonus paychecks; how to create bonus checks; creating bonus checks; paying bonuses;
You have a couple of options when paying employee bonuses:
- Pay the bonus separately from your regular payroll runs
- Include the bonus on a regular paycheck
Which option should I choose?
Pay a bonus separately from regular paychecks
(Or click the Payday tab.)
- If necessary, select the pay schedule.
- Click the Regular Checks drop-down arrow, select Bonus Checks, and then click Go.
- Click the checkbox next to any special settings you want to apply to this bonus; for example, calculating net-to-gross or supplemental taxes. If you want different treatment for some employees, do more than one bonus run.
- Set the pay date, if necessary.
- Select the checkbox next to all of the employees you want to include in this bonus run.
- Enter an amount for each employee you want to pay, and then click Create Paychecks.
- Review the bonus check, and then click Approve.
- Print checks or stubs.
You may also like
ContactUsStill stuck? Contact us